Rewa solar project


It was inaugurated recently by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it is Asia’s largest 750 MW solar power project.

It is located at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh.

  • The Solar Park was developed by the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL), which is a Joint Venture Company of Madhya Pradesh UrjaVikas Nigam Limited (MPUVN), and Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), a Central Public Sector Undertaking.
  • It has received World Bank Group President’s Award for innovation and excellence and was included in the book “A Book of Innovation: New Beginnings” released by Prime Minister.
  • The project is also the first renewable energy project to supply to an institutional customer outside the State, Delhi Metro, which will get 24% of energy from the project with remaining 76% being supplied to the State DISCOMs of Madhya Pradesh.
  • The Project also exemplifies India’s commitment to attain the target of 175 GW of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100 GW of Solar installed capacity.

sources: pib